Thursday, November 1, 2012

Helping Animals in Need by Labavenger

See an animal in need? Please help him immediately!  
I have always loved animals and I don´t know why but dogs are my favorite animals. Maybe is because they give us so much love and ask for so little. Give them food, water, regular visits to the vet , and love and they are happy to be living with us humans. 

I´ve always tried to do everything in my power to help save animals, I volunteer at a No Kill Shelter, I tweet petitions, sample letters etc, hoping people will get interested in rescuing animals from abuse. 

Sadly a few weeks  ago I made one of the dumbest mistakes of my life. I was getting home with my brother and his 18 month old daughter, and I was opening the door for them my brother said: ¨Look at the corner down your street¨ 

And there  he was an innocent mutt that just been hit by a car and was having problems with one of his back legs.  This sweet dog was walking on the sidewalk close to a  park. 

I said to my brother : ¨Let me open the door for you and the baby and I will go help him right away¨ So  I did that, I look for that innocent dog around the park and asked a man about the dog. He said : ¨That dog went down the street¨

I looked for him for a long time and I went several blocks away from the direction he was last seen, but I just culd not find him. 

I still remember that dog and I wonder whatever happened to him. Did a kind person pick him up, took him to the vet and adopted him? I hope so, because there are many animal lovers around my house. I called an Animal Rescue and send them a picture of the dog my brother took with his phone. But they could not find him. 

I got sidetracked less than 5 minutes opening a door and I lost him. Please, I beg you don´t make the same mistake I did. If you see a dog or any other animal in need, please rescue him immediately. Do some research and call a real No Kill Animal Rescue / Shelter if you cannot adopt/foster the animal yourself  ( and don´t know  real animal loving persons that are willing to help).

For more info on how you can help homeless animals please visit petfinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment